Hello. Well it's Monday and the weather out side is fab.
It's 26 degrees of super heated air conditioning in this office, and the only relent from the temperature is a fan which is blowing the hot air around! I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't air conditioned, but it's SOOOO dry, and there's no 'air' to it. Does that make sense?
Weekend passed and now it's back to work - looking forward to the long weekend though!
Saturday improved after lunch - sort of. I went and explored Altrincham. I had to go bra shopping and therefore look at myself with not a lot on in a big morror - horrific so back to the weight watchers. I've been threatening it since christmas but I really must make an effort now if I'm to look good for friends weddings in August and September!
John came over in the evening, and we went for a long walk around Damo's work garden.
Sunday was just silly. I got up early did house work and then shopping. Brought a petrol mower and managed to get it nearly ready when Damo came home for lunch. He checked it and gave it a test run up and down the orchard - so far so good. He went back to work and I couldn't get the damn thing started! GRRRR.
Eventually (after tears and temper tantrum) got the thing working, did a few lengths and then it wouldn't start again - more tears.
John and Claire cycled over and within minutes John had it working.
Now I know I'm blonde, but I've never really used a petrol mower before and I didn't really knwo how they work....
When you pull the cord to start the blade undeneath spins and the engine starts. So when I couldn't get the cord to pull, I should have known (apparently) to look under the mower and unclog whatever it is that's blocking it.
Now that i know this it's very simple, but as a novice how was I supposed to know - should this not be included in the instructions (which I've read cover to cover!).
The orchard will have it's final area cut this evening - hopefully uneventfully.
Anyway Claire and John stayed for cream teas - made by my own fair hands - and a very disorganised BBQ. It was very relaxed, but John and Claire were in some pain in private areas due to the nearly 2hr cycle to my house! Poor things. Claire was great in helping with the cooking and putting away, and John got most of the lawn mowed 'cos I'm useless.
Damo is interviewing for the new assistant head gardener today. It'll be really hard for him as two of the exisitng gardeners have gone for the job. Tricky! What ever happens at least one of them will be disappointed. It must be a hard life being a manager.
I'm off on a training course this evening and for the rest of the week. It's not far from home, so I'll not be staying in the hotel over night. It's about sewage works.... and we have to do site visits. Yuck!
Hopefully at the weekend Damo and I will go and see my family while they're over on the canal. So I'll try and blog later with some pics of that.
Bye bye for now.
Cat x x

No comments:
Post a Comment