I promised a picture of our decorated bedroom so here's one. It's not quire that neat now, I've got my smellies on the chest of draws and we've got a plant on the one on the right. It's a lovely warm room though. You can't see from the picture but the floor is varnished floor boards and there's a wash hand basin in the right hand corner behind me when I took the picture.

Damo and I finished decorating the blue bedroom last Thursday, it took soooo much paint to cover the rubbish blue egg shell that someone put up. Last night we finished installing the bed and I put up the curtains. It's all yellow's and reds now, so it's a lot more inviting. I couldn't get a picture to load so you'll have to wait till next week for that.
The little pink room was also finished (more or less) just after easter. Damo is putting up the curtain poles before I get in tonight. We've got the bed's in place, but they take up most of the room - completely forgot that two single beds are much wider than one double! Ops. At least it'll not often be used as a double bedroom. I've not got a picture 'cos the curtains aren't up yet and the bed's not all made. Well I have to get you to come back and look again.
Last Friday Amy and Paul came to our old house and helped us to move Damo's massive fish tank to the new house. It was a mamouth effort and we didn't finish until gone 8pm. Amy and Paul stayed over the night and we went to the local for tea. On Saturday Damo was working so Amy and Paul kept me busy for the morning going for a walk in the park and gardens. It was really nice and the weather was great.

Talking of walking with Amy, a few weeks ago we went for a walk to the post office, along the canal and back through the park.... and while on the canal we looked over to see the house. It looks really picturesque from this view point:
We've also got some honoured guests:

I've not seen Mum and babies for a couple of day's now though, so we're a bit worried that the magpies / rooks etc have hurt the babies!
As a final close the sun seems to be doing the plants the world of good too as the wystria on the back of the house is flowering as if there were no tomorrow. It's very pretty, but I'll have to keep a close eye on the branches - the plant seems to grow a foot a day, and there are already some new growth going over some of the windows!

No comments:
Post a Comment