Well it seems that we'll all have to settle with a monthly round up of what's going on at the moment. So how are you? I hope that you've been keeping well.
Sam and I are very well thanks. Damian is home sick, he's got a temperature and a headache. He's playing WOW downstairs feeling sorry for himself. I'm being a proper mum and told him that he wasn't allowed any chocolate until he'd had something healthy.... he had an apple and is now making his way through a 250g bar of whole nut.
Sammie is sleeping.... phew.
So what have we been up to? Well last weekend we were joined by 33 people to celebrate Sam's christening. It was quite a lovely weekend. Colin and Peggy arrived on Friday and helped get things ready around the house then I delivered them to Mum and Dad on the Canal on Saturday. Meanwhile Sam, Vick & Mark, Pam & Trev, Adrian & Anna all arrived on Saturday afternoon. We went out to the italian Saturday night to celebrate Vicki's 29th Birthday and then set off paper hot air ballons. It was a lovely evening. Sunday was a bit fraught with people arriving and the church and then the buffet at home.... It was so lovely for so many people to make the effort to come though. :o) I just wish I'd had time to talk to them better.
This weekend has been Heritage Happening across the road at Damian's work. Damian was supposed to bring over some newly hatched chicks, however they didn't survive hatching so I had to drive down to Nantwich with Sam and collect 8 9day old chicks. They're mostly light sussex and speckledy and will be good layers so that's good. The children and adults loved having a cuddle with the chicks over the weekend. I spent much of my time in the orangry with the others helping where I could.
Other that that it's been business as usual. Sam has started crawling so the stair gates are up and the fire guard in place. She's just discovered that she can get behind the settie to the CD rack and Charlie's cage - there is now a barrier in place so that she doesn't eat charlie poo or topple the CD's onto her.
She has also decided that she has a personality and if she doesn't get what she wants she arches her back and screams.... which has the added side effect of bumping her head when she does it from sitting. Kids - why do we have them?
Oh yeh- because it's really cute when they learn to wave, which Sam is currently doing. And it's also lovely when they want a cuddle for no reason other than it's nice.
Sorry for the interuption I had a call to say that my (musical) keyboard is ready for collection! I'm SOOOO excited. Damo didn't want me to have one because I asked for a guitar, which I now have, but I've not played it as I don't know how to tune it etc. Now I have a keyboard I'll be able to pottle about on that AND tune the guitar. All I have to do is get some books from the library! Yay!
It's only 2 and a bit weeks till I go to work and it's making me a little nervous. Not because I'm worried about Sam going to nursery, I'm sure that will be fine. I'm more worried about where I'll be working, for who, if I can take my leave, etc etc etc. :o(
Well that 's all my news for now. I think I'll go and sort out the play room and get it ready for my new musical interest! :o) TTFN

No comments:
Post a Comment