Sunday, December 09, 2007

Progress...

In the time it has taken for me to get up to date with blogger news I've finished my cup of tea. With this in mind I'll have to type accurately and fast so that I can go and get a new one!

So what have you lovely people been up to?
I have just finished cleaning and cuddling the fluffies (Nutmeg, Hazel, Baily and Cinny). Nutmeg seems to have hurt his toe, so I'll have to get Damo to have a look at that later. I have no idea how that silly bunny gets into so much trouble.
Anyway they all seemed to have a nice run around in their pens while I was freezing cleaning their houses. Seems I did it all just in time.... it's just started to pour with rain.
Damo is at the other house, not sure what exactly he's doing, but he said he'd be back in time to make roast for tea! :o)

Well I've been a bit of a busy bee since I last messaged. Last Friday I had to get into my posh frock and go to an ICE dinner with some people from work. It was an enjoyable evening, good food and company. They are all the same, you meet in the bar, do some networking, go up for dinner, eat well, drink more, then someone does a presentation on something (this time it was the canal links in Liverpool) and then everyone either goes back to the bar or home. We did a little of both. Quite formal but fun.
I've also been going to evening presentations and workshops to learn stuff for my chartership. Seems to be taking up a lot of my time.

Damo has been keeping himself occupied by doing the plant lists for his winter garden. He's organised a date to go down to see Roy Lancaster and I think Roy is taking him around Hilliers?
Anyway Damo is very excited about it all.

We've also been batting around Damo's family. Damo and I had invited everyone here for Christmas, but Damo's dad wasn't too keen. Then his mum was going to have a foot op before Christmas so I made the executive decision that we'd be at his parents. Then for the reasons that are best known to others there followed 2 weeks of discussion about where Christmas would be held.... it turns out that Christmas will be at his parents. So glad that we have that sorted!
It also seems that boxing day will be mass evacuation of the parents as we all come over here.

Talking of Christmas Damo and I had fun yesterday going to get our Christmas trees. We went to Delamere Forest and got the trees from the Forestry Commission. The trees are all cut down and then put in a field, so that the little trunk is in a little square hole in the ground. When you get there you walk up and down and choose which tree you want from a whole field. Then they come, measure it, put it in a net and carry it to your car while you pay. It's great. It's way more expensive than B&Q but at least you know that the money is going to a good cause.
After collecting the trees we trawled all the garden centres around here to find some decent decorations.... what is it with the whole black and white on Christmas trees? I think that's just odd! We finally found some well priced beautiful baubles and ribbon, and went home to decorate.... this is what we ended up with:
Christmas tree in the hall. Decorations are white and red. There are lights but we couldn't get a focused picture with the lights out. I like the little reindeer's.
Christmas tree in the lounge. Damo and I aren't sure about the red ribbon, it looks a bit like a barbers shop. Anyway this one is gold and red. Charlie seems to be quite keen on this one. Although we've already had to tell him off for eating the light cable!
Damo managed to get a good picture of this one with the lights off. It's very romantic.

So now the decorations are started it's brought Christmas a whole lot closer and now I'm in full panic mode about getting my work done for my chartership. So I should really go and write my report and get on with some work.

Been nice catching up with you.

1 comment:

Sameranda said...

Christmas tree, oh Christmas treeeee, la la la laaaa la la la laaa. Isn't there a song that goes like that? I like the trees and I like the red ribbon. Stylish baby! We have ours up, it has chocolates on it which are disappearing rapidly. See my blog for how my weekend went! xxxx