Last time I wrote I said that I was sorry not to have written sooner. It has been a while, not much news in this part of the world.
Just been looking through the pictures taken off of my camera in the vain hope that there would be something worth showing you all. There isn't really. Currently the garden looks like a complete mess and I should be ashamed of myself. The house isn't too untidy as we've had my family to stay this weekend.
So what have wee been up to? Last weekend we had the weekend off. Damo was working in the garden on the Sunday so on the Saturday we spent the day together then went to John and Claire's in the evening. Claire cooked a beautiful duck roast with roasted vegetables and John apparently made 'the best gravy in the world'. For pudding we had mince pie and cream. Very very nice. Then we played cards for the evening. I lost the first game in just 3 rounds! It was an excellent laugh.
On Monday Roy Lancaster came to Damo's work to look at the new winter garden. It seems that the winter garden could be the biggest in the UK when it is complete and everyone is working towards it being the best too. Damo has been invited to go down to visit Roy in January when he'll be looking at a tree nursery. It's all very exciting for him.
While Damo was having his meeting with Roy I was meeting with the regional development officer for the ICE and having my training agreement signed off. It's a piece of paper which says that I've now completed my training and there is nothing to stop me going to sit for my Chartership. So now I have to write lots of essays, a presentation, practice interviews and generally swot until April. It's all very scary.
The rest of last week was a bit of a blur. We did some cleaning and resting and generally were rubbish at doing much. On Thursday I finished work late and went to get Mum and Dad from the airport. We had a beautiful tea of pork chops and mash, that Damo had made. We spent the evening catching up and all went to bed fairly early. Friday was shopping in Manchester. We went in on the tram, and everyone took the mickey all day as I got the wrong ticket from the machine. Mum brought pressies for Gran, Grandpa, me and got some lovely outfits for herself. Dad got some new walking boots and socks which he was so pleased with I'm not sure if he'll ever remove them! After a nice dinner of sandwiches and scones we played euchre until Mum and Damo beat Dad and I twice.
Saturday I drove Dad insane. We were both up fairly early and I was running around dusting, sweeping and cleaning for when my sister arrived. After breakfast we went into Altrincham to look for port glasses for Damo. We didn't find port glasses, instead we found a coffee pot set for our wedding crockery in a charity shop. I also found a beautiful chess board which Mum and Dad had given me money for last Christmas.
Libby Nick and Kiera were at ours as we arrived home, and we had a good cup of tea and catch up. I showed everyone around the house before we went out for tea at the swan. The evening went really well and everyone stayed up to early hours chatting.
Sunday was bright but cold so after breakfast we went for a walk around the garden and park. Kiera wasn't up for all the walking, after some encouragement she made it all the way around the park, a couple of miles, holding on to 'uncle Elmo's' hand. Kiera especially liked wading through the puddles trying to get Elmo wet!
After lunch Lib, Nick and Kiera went home and we played more euchre. Mum and Damo beat Dad and I again, this time with less of a margin. Then it was time to go back to the airport and everyone was off on their way home.
The house is very big and quiet again now.
So back to work and the work in the evening too. I'll not get much done tonight, but being at the computer is good progress.
Hopefully will have more news for you soon. Good night. x x

1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a good weekend!
When we were in France, Laurie & Tinny taught me how to play euchre, it's great! I loved it, once I got the hang of it.
xxx
Post a Comment