Monday, February 05, 2007

Exciting weekend?

Hello all, How was your weekend?

Rather than the usual boring shopping and housework I've actually had a really interesting weekend. Damo and I were going to Worksop for the weeekend, and because the sun was shining on Friday I decided that we'd go to Cleethorps for the day on Saturday.

This is a picture of Cleethorps peir. We had fish and chips over looking the beach for lunch, walked along the promenade, around a large duck pond and then along the beach back to the car. It was a very pleasant experience.
I was a bit disappointed that Cleethorps isn't a proper beach like in Guernsey, but I did get to see an estuary and some boats so I was content.
Damo was very cleaver, we were walking along the promenade when I realised that I had missed the Rugby, and England WON! GRRRRR. Next week I'll be in a pub raising a pint to the lads.
In the evening we went to Damo's dad's local and i drank too much strawberry wine so I was all giggly. I hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself. Damo was driving so there's no story to tell there.

Sunday we went to do some research for Damo's work, and went to see the winter gardens at Hodsock Priory near Worksop. There were lots of snowdrops, and cyclamen, but there wasn't much other than that. I think Damo got a few ideas and I had a nice walk with him, his mum and sister.

So there's only 6 or 7 weeks until we move house again. It seems like yesterday I was putting things in boxes to come here. We've already got guests coming in April and I think that we're having a house warming in March, and an Easter gathering at the beginning of April. I'm very excited! Damo keeps on about getting chickens at the new house, but so far I've put my foot down and said NO! We've enough animals as it is.

Well I must go as Quantum leap is about to begin. Type soon. Cat x

2 comments:

Sameranda said...

Quantum Leap! Brilliant. Glad you had a good weekend.

Ant said...

Good I just love Quantum Leap. xxx