Sunday, January 07, 2007

Getting Up To Date...

Just been reading a Sammie's blog and found that she's put all her new years resolutions on... Well that's far too scary for me, but I thought that it might be a plan if I actually get on with one of my resolutions and that was to keep you all up to date with the goings on of DamoCat. (I have just realised that this blog makes us look like one person - not sure if that's good or bad!)

So going back a blog entry, what happened during December. Actually not that much. I had 3 Christmas meals out with work, only one of which was alcohol fueled and completely mad. But all of them were really good. Damo had none. :o(
We also had a nice meal out with John and Claire, and some nice meals in with various friends.
We generally got ready to have a nice break over the holidays.

Our arrival in Guernsey on the 20th was a little fraught. There was fog all over much of the UK so many planes were grounded and flights cancelled. Ours was the first to leave Manchester to go to Guernsey, for 48hrs and it was rammed. We were very lucky.
Once in Guernsey our week varied between family and friends. Damo is still a little uncomfortable with all the Guernsey people, it must be a little daunting. We had meals in and out with parents, grand parents, aunts and uncles, and with my friends. I also managed to get a little work in and went for a site visit to the water treatment works at the reservoir! All jet setting around here you know! ha ha!
Christmas is a difficult time 'cos everyone is travelling everywhere to see loved ones and family, so I didn't see as much of friends as I would have liked. :o( I'll have to organise my summer visit more carefully.
We got back to Manchester at silly o'clock on the 27th. Got home, put washing in the machine and went into town to pay in checks, post stuff and generally chill a bit. By 5pm we were in Worksop with Damo's parents... out for a Chinese in the evening.
New Year was spent with Damo's family, except Adrian who was with his Girlfriend Anna in Spain. We all stayed in, played Cranium and watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean. We had a toast and were eating cheese and biscuits at Midnight. It was all really nice.

Since Christmas we've been a little worse for wear, both with a cough and cold. :o(
Damo and I are trying to loose a little weight, so I'm back on my ww and Damo is eating 10 jam doughnuts! Tusk!
We might have done ourselves some good last night though. It was Damo's Christmas works do - a Kahlie in the Restaurant at Dunham. We danced and danced, ate some dinner and danced some more. My feet are killing me! But we had a great time, and it was good to see some of the people as Damo's department have been a little anti social recently - in fact Damo was the only Gardener there.
I would have taken some pictures, but Damo banned me. He can be quite a spoil sport sometimes.

So that's all our news at the moment and I'm off to make myself some 0point veg soup for dinner.

No comments: