Wednesday, November 08, 2006

OH Man...

Hi Everybody.... Hi Doctor Nick...

Well it is clear from the outset that I'm not in my usual sensible frame of mind, in fact I think my mind has left and is refusing to return until I get some quality time at home... not likely for a while.

So this is hello from the jet setting Cat and a degected Damo.

Damo has been fab over the past few weeks. He's managed to get the lounge to such a state that we've actually had guests over and we sat on chairs in the lounge and had a nice time. The carpet has been put down, cupboard doors are in place and the tv is on the coffee table in the corner while Damo completes the stand and the fish tank stand. It's all very swish and I'll post some pics at the weekend.
When he's not got some diy equipment in his hand he's been playing on the computer - he's adicted to Pharaoh, and so I can't blog when he's doing that. I can't blame him though, he's very tired.

I've been travelling between home and Southampton, been away at least one night a week. I know it doesn't sound like much, but you set out early then stay over, then get back late and then I'm knackered for the rest of the week.
Trying to keep up with Damo's DIY with the arranging of the girly touches and trying to unpack things (yes we've been in a year but still have many boxes to be unpacked when the rooms are finished)... I need a break.
Monday night and last night I was in meetings in the evening for my Civils, and I've been to 2 eveneing lectures too.
So I'll be up at 04:00 tomorrow on my way to Manchester Airport about 05:00, and down to London for Thursday and Friday.
Next week's no better, I'm in Bolton for 2 nights!
That leaves me 2 weeks to make the house BRILLIENT for Mum and Jane for our christmas shopping extravagansa! Woh ho!

Last week's excitement was receiving our tickets to go and see the Halle philomonic orchestra do Handel's Mashiah. Mum is really excited which makes me really excited. Any one know what the dress code for something like this is? It's at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester, and Damo will be driving.

Just so you know all the animals are really well, Charlie is currently seeing if he can climb vertical walls and falling over a lot! The guinepigs and rabbit are all fine, although I think it's only Nutmeg enjoying the cold weather.

Better run off and get packed and to bed.

No comments: