Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gumbling old woman...

Yes that's me, and I feel that it's about time I do some good old fashioned whining!

So I got married to my very good - if a little bit lazey - husband, and we had some brillient photos taken. We got the CD and brought the Copy right to the pictures so we can make as many coppies as we want. We also got a beautiful album, which is very modern and nearly all reportage. All good so far...
Our parents aren't too keen on the pictures because they're a little to modern and "why can't the photographs be straight", "why are some black and white and some colour" and my favourite is "what a waste of space" when they see the big space between 4 pictures in the album. (Note - I'm over being cross about these comments and just put it down to the fact that they're bitter because they had to stand around for hours and hours while they got the plates ready for their wedding photographs! Tee hee hee)
Solution - make each set of parents an album which could contain which ever pictures they wanted. Sounds simple.
So it's now November and I've had Mum's list of pictures for ages. Thought that I should do the album before they come over on Friday, and took the CD of the pictures Mum and Dad had choosen to Boots. Told them the size I wanted and left it with them. (Those more estute of you will already know how silly that was).
Damo collected the pictures today, and said that some of the heads and things had been cut off...
It turns out that each of the photographs are individually sized, and Boots don't look at the picture and put it the best way to fit the paper but just crop it as the computer sees fit! Doh! I should have seen that one coming.
So I've just tried to print a new copy of one of the pictures to see if I can do it better - I've made it stretch to fit the whole bloney page. It seems that I'll have to send the CD to a specialist and put up with the fact that mum will have to wait till christmas for the album! :o(

In our news Damo spent the majority of Sunday in the bathroom, after poping in to do a little maintenance - resealing around the window. I asked him to have a look at the ceiling which had a bit of a crack and by the end of the day he'd taken all the artex of the ceiling (which was slowly coming down on it's own, hence the crack) and had scraped the ceiling flat, and painted it. Not bad for a man in his pajamas and slippers!

For good measure yesterday we made the spare room into a gallery by hanging 4 pictures. Damo also gave the ceiling a second coat of paint, I cleaned all the tiles and cupboard, so now it's all sparkly clean!

I might not blog until Monday as I've got Mum and Jane visiting. They arrive on Friday, not sure when. I've got to take Damo to work, take the car in to have a fault fixed, have my hair cut, hover and clean so the house is presentable. Oh and I should probably make up some beds.

Taking that into account and the fact that I'm now struggling to keep my eyes open, I shall say good night.

No comments: