OK so I can't spell, but you get the idea.
Damo and I are so surprised and greatful for all the wonderful cards and gifts we, including Sam, have received. I must take a picture of the shelves stuffed with baby cards, there are lots. It's so lovely to know so many people are happy to hear of Sam. :o)
These happy feelings, and those when Sam opens her eyes and looks happy at you, keep me going at 2am when she has wind and is crying her little heart out. It's all new and interesting learning to be a parent.
Enough rambling, what have we been up to? Well we've had quite a few visitors so we've been home quite a bit. One of the girls from work came for afternoon tea on Thursday last week. Then John and Claire came for Indian takeaway on Friday, we ordered FAR too much food. We also had a nice walk in Damo's winter garden, where a lot of the irises have started to flower and it looks lovely.
At the weekend my sister and her daughter came to stay. Kiera played with playdough, drew lots of pictures and came to collect the eggs from the chicken, while the 'adults' caught up with news and generally chatted a lot. Must be very boring for children at our house at the moment!
Today we've been to visit Anita and her family. We had a lovely time drinking tea, eating cake and feeding our babies! LOL
Damian was very busy one day last week. He was improving the fox protection for the chickens, after two were taken while I was in hospital. After spending much of the day trimming hedges, and putting up new fencing we went to the chicken farm and collected a new black rock and speckled hen. They are really small compared to our other chickens, so we're going to have to make a second coop for them to live in.
Thursday last week we also went to register Sam's birth. It was really quick and easy, so we stopped around for a bite of breakfast before we trundled back home.
Other than that we've been a bit dull, and just pottering around doing household stuff.
Well that's me for today, I'm very tired so I'm going to pop off to bed.
Bye for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment