Dear Reader,
It has been a while and I have been very lax in getting around to blogging so here's my catch up in a month by month style.... I hope that you like it.
June 2007....
It's supposed to be summer and from my last blog entry it is clear that it's raining. As far as I remember there was about a week of sunshine during June, and all of it I was in the office at work typing away at a laptop. Thrilling!
June was our month for going on our proper holiday. So we met up with Amy and Paul, got all packed up and went to Cornwall. The weather was less than wonderful, but the holiday was good. The first couple of days it was grey but mostly dry, then we had a horrendous storm and that was it for the rest of the holiday. It was windy and wet! We made the most of the holiday and still went visiting town and beaches.
We went to Newquay, and I really didn't like it. Damo was only impressed with the seals there. We also went to Minack theater - it's made on the cliff so that the stage has a backdrop of the sea. It was a good night, and apart from being cold was dry.
We also went to Falmouth, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole and St Ives, and some other small towns. Did tones of walking, eating ice cream and Cornish pasties.
Our achievement was that we lasted the full week plus in the awful weather. The Campsite was really nice and the people were great.
Damo has said that he doesn't want to go camping or to Cornwall again.... I suspect that it's because we didn't sleep much with all the wind and rain lashing the tent most nights.
Other than that it seems that June was pretty dull!
So I will stop here and start again for July in a moment....

No comments:
Post a Comment