Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Summer Time, and the weather is... ...WET

So now here we are in August, I know it's nearly the end of the month, but at least I'm nearly up to date.
I forgot to say in July that Damo Claire and I went to Tesco at Midnight to buy Harry Potter! We waited and waited and then there was a big rush to get the books and then a que at the tills. There was a real cross section of the population there too.... some people were in dinner suites and ball gowns! Madness. In the que Claire and I were wandering how many pages there were, so we flicked to the back and looked. The woman in front of us started reading and suddenly went "Oh my god, I didn't expect them to be talking" then slammed the book shut. Claire and I were very cross because we didn't want to know anything. Fortunatly it didn't spoil the book, but it could have done sooooo easily.

August has been just as hectic as July. The first weekend Damo went to Perth with John and some others for John's Stag weekend. They did sphereing, paintballing, whitewater rafting, and canyoning. They did lots of drinking, and from what I can tell had a great time. When John and Damo did the sphere together they ended up in the Loch.... and two assistants had to come and get them out! Very funny.

While Damo was in Scotland I went to Cambridge to see my sister and family and their relatively new house. The house is really nice and very big. It's all very 'muggle' with all mod cons and it's only a year or so old. They have a lovely big garden and lots of close amenities. It was all very nice.

Since then we've been doing up our old house - stripping wall paper and removing kitchen units. Working stupidly long hours at work and Damo has been working on the 'Winter Garden Project' at work. At the moment that means that he's been chopping up and lugging off trees that the wardens have been cutting down, so that new species trees can be planted.

Soon we'll be attending a wedding at home in Guernsey, and then the following weekend John and Claire will be getting married in Formby! It's all go.

So I have typing cramp, and I'm sure you're bored of reading. I shall leave you and hope to return when the first wedding is done and I have pictures to show you all.

All the best

Cat x x

No comments: