Friday, May 18, 2007

Not been to work

I've been off work for two days with a migrane 'cos I'm stupid. Knowing that doesn't make it any better but still. So how did I get the migrane you may ask (or you could be sat there thinking 'for heaven's sake woman stop going on about you the whole time!', but it's a blog and that's the point).

Trundeled off to the isle of wight with my hydraulics minion in tow - a 23yr old, mechanical gradulate who looks like he should be in a boy band. No really he does. It reminded me of all the times that Alex (bro) and I have done stuff together. Takes the mickie out of me all the time, which is kinda funny. Any way back to the trip - we went on Monday morning, and arrived in the island around 4pm on monday. Booked into the hotel before exploring around Shanklin a bit. Then we got really lost trying to find a nice pub for dinner using the Tom Tom. OK so I know these things are supposed to be great, but it does tend to take you really odd ways to places. It helps if you tell it the right place in the first place.
Oh well, new experiances count 2 - driving with a tom tom telling you where to go, and going on a chain ferry.
Tuesday was spent trying to get the hydraulics on site to work. Changing tapping points, moving hoses and generally faffing around. In the evening we went to a really nice restaurant where I ordered a bailies cake, after asking the waitress if it has chocolate in it - No. The pud comes with chocolate shavings all over it - I scrape them off and Blake gobbles them up, and I have about 3 spoons of the cake.... I'm thinking that the cream tastes funny and I didn't want to risk a migrane so that was the end of that. (Can you tell what's going to happen next).
Blake and i frequent a pub on the way back to the hotel, we leave when the clientell becomes a bit odd.
Wednesday more hydraulic testing and return to Manchester airport in the pm. So far no headache - have I got away with the cake????

Thursday I wake up and the cake definitly had chocolate in it and I'm thankfull that I only had a little rather than scoffing the whole thing. So yesterday and today my head has been very sore with boughts of nausia. On the plus side if I look at anything for two long it gets a big white hallo - just like the screen right now! :0)

I'm totally in capable of being a good ill person and spent yesterday cleaning upstairs, just a little light dusting and some hovering. Today I was a little less vigourous and have been analysing the house for feng shui. I have discovered that the loos are in the wrong place, as is the study. Not sure I can do much about either so I'll just have to work around it.

Well enough of my rambling, Claire has just called to tell me that they're about to order the curry, so I had best be off to get the curry.

No comments: