Wednesday, May 09, 2007

May 9th - Libberation Day

It's my 9th Libberation Day in the UK, and it still makes me really sad that no one over here pays any attention to that sort of thing. I know that we now live in this multi cultural society and that many of the people who now live here have no concept of what the whole 'liberation day, armistice ' and other such like events are about, but shouldn't we be educating the people so that they know. I mean you'd never have to ask someone in America what July 4th is about.
I mentioned it at work that everyone at home will have the day off, there will be parties, and flags (assuming the rain stays off), that there was likely to be concerts and some parades. They all just looked at me as if to say I'm totally mad. I didn't say anything to Damo when I got in... he's totally forgotten.

So to all those in the Channel Islands celebrating Liberation Day - Have a happy one!

After that rant, I'm surprised that you're still reading....

So the week has been fairly dull. Damo and I spent bank holiday monday pretending to be lumber jacks - we pollarded the cheery tree in the back garden, and I carried the branches all the way down the garden to the fire heap. We also felled a couple of conifers. All in all the garden is looking a lot lighter, and so are some of the rooms in the house.

Tomorrow night we're going to John and Claire's for John's Birthday BBQ. John's parents will be there, we've never met before. I'm really nervous.
On Friday we're driving up to Amy and Paul's, staying over and then Amy Paul and I are going to deliver Damo to his Eagle flying experiance which is part of his birthday present. Amy Paul and I will entertain ourselves for the day while Damo is doing his thing. Then it's back to theirs, before we trundel back home on Sunday.
Monday I'm leaving Damo home alone, while I go to the Isle of Wight for 3 days with work.
It's all mad around here, so I'll probably not get much time to update the blog. Sorry.

Best be off it's way past my bed time! Good night.

No comments: