Friday, March 02, 2007

It's FRIDAY!

It's Friday morning, I've done my time sheet and now I'm avoiding work...

This morning is beautiful! The sun was up around 6:30 and shone on a my orchard which was green green grass, covered with frost and a number of bright yellow daffodills bobbing up and down. There were birds nipping to the feeders in the back garden and as I was de-icing the car a little robin was sitting on the hedge having a good chat to me.
It's a bit like I've been transported into a very strange eddition of Snow white - you know when all the animals are around and helping her do the cleaning.

Had a little scare last night - brought another car load of boxes from the old house and I was unpacking them in the kitchen. Charlie was out for his evening of havock. I finished and Damo was about to go through to the lounge when we both realised we'd not seen Charlie for a while....
Please understand that he can get into the smallest of places, even high up ones. So we searched the lounge, the utility, and the kitchen ( even the cupboards and the boxes I'd been unpacking)... no sign of him. Eventually after about the 3rd round of looking Damo found him behind the new cooker! Panic over.

Today at lunch I'm going to B&Q to get some paint for the new house. Tonight we're getting the last load of stuff from the old house, and tomorrow I'll be mostly preparing for our house warming. So Sunday will be relaxing, recovering and then tea with John and Claire - we're taking pudding.

Best go and do some work - I've just been spotted by a 'technical lead' - ops!

Oh - for work - all is interesting in the world of our politics here. The UK MD has resigned to work for our biggest client! It's going to be a fun March and April. I hope that I get a good pay rise, he'll be demob happy now so giving away money here there and everywhere?

No comments: