Monday, October 02, 2006

Quick Catch up

My Birthday went so well, but it seems like forever ago. Damo took me to a posh Indian restaurant for dinner. We ate very well, and we were both full by the end of the meal. Then Damo took me to John and Claire's. Claire had baked a Lemon cake for my birthday, it had candels and those little sugar lemons and oranges. I was so surprised and it was lovely. Damo over did the eating a bit though, and got servear indigestion.

Last Saturday I had my hair chopped! I really wanted something different so I told the hairdresser to do what they wanted, but no shorter than shoulder length. She's taken tones off, from being well below the bra strap it's only just below shoulder length. Not sure what Damo thinks yet, he say's "it's different".


Holiday - well we've been gone a week, but it's very nice to be home. I missed technology.

This is one of the bridges that we came to. It's very picturesque. I think Damian is going to paint it for his water colour class.
Canals are very slow and relaxing, but I don't think it's for me just yet. We went from Stoke on Trent to Market Drayton, via Wolverhampton, and it took 7 days!
Also I've been dying for a Salad! We had breakfast and a sandwich meal on the boat every day, but once a day we went to a pub for a meal. It's funny, I never thought I'd long for home cooked food. So it's back to the weight watchers now. I'm keeping record until Thursday (meeting night), then I'll start planning and keeping to my 21 points (including weekly extra for cycling to work).
As well as going out for dinner a lot we played cards nearly every night, it was Uker and Crib, so we were always entertained. Damo did some fishing, and a lot of taking pictures of cows, sheep, horses and various birds for his art classes. There are no pictures of people. :-(
I did a lot of work on my Civils but I've so much still to do. :-(

Damo is watching some dodgy film that a lady at work has lent him. It's about a Russian Mad House, I think it's during the Cold War because they were talking about communisum when I went in. Far too cultured for me, give me Pride and Predudice any time!


So that's all our news for the moment. I hope that I'll be able to post a picture of the lounge soon. The first coat of paint should be done by the end of the weekend!

No comments: