Sunday, August 27, 2006

Far from Madenning crowd

Hello. It's quite late, and I've spent 12 hours reformatting our computer and installing all the software again... some virus made it through all our security! :-( So I'm a bit grumpy right now.

Damo had a night to himself on Thursday when I went with a friend to an open air play at Arley Hall (you can find it on google if you want). The play was 'Far from the maddening Crowd, by Thomas Hardy'. I'd not read the book and I'm still trying to work out if it was supposed to be a micky take of Jane Austin. It was a good play though, and the actors were good, a few laughs all around. Next time we're going to take more flasks of hot drinks and probably wear our thermals.

When I got home Damo and John were playing 'crash team racing' and I think John was winning. Tee hee hee. They'd had curry for tea, but Damo had also had a Burger King on the way home! (Evidence was found in the bin in the kitchen.) So he's not allowed to complain when his trousers don't fit next week for work.

Yesterday and Today Damo has been busy in the lounge. We've no wall paper now. He's put plaster board over the lintle above the window, as all the plaster was coming off, and he's cleaned around the fire place. It's progressing well. I'll put some pictures in when there's something to show.

Well enough for now, hope you all have a good bankholiday Monday. Think of me, writing essays and reports! :-(

No comments: