Sorry, it has been a while. I keep meaning to write a proper post, and keep gettting distracted.
So what have you been up to?
I have to admit to struggling to keep going with Sam a little over the last month or so. It has been hard work, but totally worth it.
Sammie is growing really fast and is developing fast too. She's very good at smileing, and making lots of new noises. She can roll onto her side, but not onto her tummy yet. When I put her on her tum she pushes herself along using her knees, rubbing her head along the ground! Oh dear - need to get those little arms working. She's starting to sleep better at night, and normally we're only up once. She's fully out of her first set of clothes, which is a little sad for me.
We have all been quite busy since the last post.
We went to Damo's parents for Easter and the whole family was there. We had a nice time eating lots, catching up and resting. Adrian, Vicki, Pam and Trev seemed to enjoy having time with Sam. We didn't manage to have the annual egg hunt as the weather was really bad.
We've been having a lot of visitors here too, and Damian has been working on the chicken coops and the orchard. We now have 8 normal chickens and 2 little black bantums. There are 3 rare breads still to arrive, we have to waite for them to hatch and then be 6 weeks old before we can collect them. Damo has fenced in the whole orchard, and dug out the pond, so that the chickens have somewhere to ferret during the day. They really seem to like the extra space.
I have been doing a mad search for a nursery placement for Sam for when I return to work. I know that in the films they always say that they put their children down for schools / nurseries before they are born, I thought it was a film thing / posh thing. It's totally not. The good nurseries don't have places until April / May 2010! AHHHHH
I was so nieve to think that you wait till your little one is born before you think about schools / nurseries. Fortunatly we're too poor to think about private school so I don't have to worry about getting Sam on the books for any of the elete schools around here.
By the way, one of the best nurseries in the town get the children to wear uniform from about 2years old! AND it's a full uniform with hats and jackets! Madness I would say.
Well I really should go and stop babbling about Sam. We're off to the canal to meet with Mum and Dad tomorrow so I need to pack and Sam is due to wake for a feed anytime now.
Sorry for another Sam centric blog.
I shall blog properly next week and let you know how the canal was. TTFN

1 comment:
I love hearing about Sam even though I have never met her, and haven't even seen you in years!!! I am so pleased she is doing well. Thanks for the advice on nurseries, I start my maternity leave next fri so will maybe start hunting for one too! It does feel very early when Baby Smith isn't even here yet!
Keep the blogs coming xxx
Post a Comment