Thursday, January 15, 2009

Half way through January already!

Hi, I've just realised that there is only half a month until February! Have you noticed also that it's not so dark at 4pm at the moment. I love the feeling that the nights are drawing out a bit.

So we went to the antinatal classes, which was useful and not scarey. They didn't show us any videos - my biggest dread. They did show us the rooms and wards and told us what to do when the time comes. Very comforting to know.

Dinner at Anita's was really lovely. I got to play with Sally catching butterflys and then changing Heidi for bed. Damo had a nice chat with Fraser and played silly games with Sally too.
We went home for the evening with a moses basket, tenns machine, a cot, matresses and bedding. Everyone is very generous.

The last week has all been a bit of a blurr really. At the weekend Damo and I were working hard on household chores. The garage is now very very neat and contains a new tumble dryer. And the kitchen celing is painted too. The washing pile is reducing, and the ironing was complete on Sunday - and then I did more washing. 'Cor don't we have an exciting life! LOL

Yesterday night I went to a WI meeting. It was very much what I was expecting, although I wasn't expecting quite so much singing of hymns (two!). I'm not sure if I'll be going again as I'm not sure it's really for me. All the activities are during the day and aimed at older people. I don't mind the cake making, the jam making, or the crafts.... it's just the coffee mornings, the craft afternoons and the evening meetings.

Well that's all my news for today I think. Hope to send some nice pictures of our walk with John and Claire after the weekend. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Ant said...

I hope you're feeling well and not too whale-like now you're getting close! My sister is getting a bump. It's so weird. Good luck over the next few weeks. Enjoy being mummy! x

Sameranda said...

Hello you! I just want to say that I am thinking about you LOADS and I know it's not long at all now, which is absolutely thrilling and amazing...
xxx