Is it me or was it really 10 degrees warmer in England last week than it is today? I'm currently sitting in the chocolate spare room with jumpers and cardigans on, even with the heating going full blast!
At least the world looks very white and beautiful from the landing window in the morinings.
So how was your christmas? What have you been up to? I hope that it was lovely and that your new year celebrations go well over the next couple of days.
Damo's mum, dad and brother arrived Christmas Eve and we managed to get a walk around the winter garden before it got dark. Christmas day went really well, Damo made a traditional roast and I was his kitchen porter. Boxing day we went for a lovely frosty walk at Lymm Dam. Was great to get out of the house for a while and get some fresh air. I did need the loo about 5minutes into the walk.... there are no loos near by! Ended up using the cupboard loo in the town. Damo's sister and her boyfriend came for tea and stayed for the weekend while mum, dad and brother left on Saturday after a lovely roast beef.
We went to the hospital for a quick check on BOB yesterday. They scanned him to check that he's growing at the right rate. All is well so Damo and I, now inspired, have spent the last two days getting stuff ready for his arrival. I know it seems really early, we're making full use of the sales and preparing incase he decides to come early. At some point I have to pack a bag for the three of us. Our car chair and pram should arrive early next week so at least we should be able to get him home when he arrives. It's all a little scarey to be sure.
Today we've been to see Amy and Paul who are expecting their baby next week. It's quite funny 'cos if I'm early and they're late we could have our babies in the same week. We had a lovely spag boll, lots of chatting and then a walk around the estate to see some of the spectacular christmas lights people have put on their houses.
Tomorrow it's New Year's Eve and John and Claire are coming over for a meal and celebration. I'll let you know how it goes.
Well I had better get off and get warm before I go to bed. Hope that you all have a wonderful New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment